Thread: DRYER DOESN"T TURN ON and have replaced fuse twice now.

DRYER DOESN"T TURN ON and have replaced fuse twice now.

Model Number: AED4675YQ
    Brand: Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by Karyyk View Post
    Model Number: AED4675YQ
    Brand: Admiral

In May 2013, I purchased an Admiral AED4675YQ 6.5 cubic foot electric clothes dryer. All went well enough until a couple of weeks ago when the dryer overheated and then would not start after the cycle had finished. I came home and checked it out (this happened while I was at work) and it wouldn't power on in any way. I figured it was the fuse and ordered a replacement (3392519). For good measure I also ordered a replacement thermostat (3387134). The vent had been filled with lint, so I cleaned that out as best I could, going so far as to use a blower and vacuum to help things along. I also replaced the vent duct itself. Then I replaced the fuse. Once the fuse was replaced, the dryer started right back up, just as it had. I put a load of newly-washed clothes in, and it dried them quickly. The only remaining issue was that it still seemed to be running a bit hot (the sides of the dryer were noticeably hotter to the touch). I went ahead and opened the dryer back up and changed out the cycling thermostat. After doing that, my dryer wouldn't start at all. I checked the breaker, and it was fine, so I just figured if was a faulty part and put the old one back on. After putting the old one back on, it still won't start. I'm quite sure that I put the wires on properly, and I don't see anything else that could be causing it not to start (considering the fact that it was working just before I changed the thermostat).

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

It appears that I have the same dryer. So far the fuse, part 3392519 has been replaced two times. The dryer will not start again and I am not sure what to do. In viewing the part, it does show that there are 2 related parts, a thermostat and a cycling thermostat....how do you determine if ordering these parts as well will get the dryer to 1) work and 2) dry the clothes properly.
    I need to also add that the 2nd fuse replaced allowed the dryer to work but it would take about 2 - 3 cycles always to dry the clothes completely. Guidance needed and thanks! This dryer was not that expensive and if it's now to the point that parts need to be replaced every 6 months or so, is it worth trying to keep replacing parts vs. thinking about a new dryer.

If the dryer is taking 2-3 cycle to dry a load of clothes then that is an indication of a air flow restriction. You will need to inspect the exhaust venting for the dryer to make sure there are no restrictions, and also check the blower housing of the dryer for any lint build up. The blower housing is the part that the lint filter slides down into, and it must be access from the rear of the dryer.

On your dryer when the thermal fuse part number 3392519 is blown, we recommend to replace the cycling thermostat that sits next to it part number 3387134 at the same time. If you replace these parts and correct the airflow restriction this should fix your problem. Let us know what you find.

These are the parts for your model dryer:

Thermal Fuse - Part # PD00002311 (mfg # 3392519)

Cycling Thermostat - Part # PD00002313 (mfg # 3387134)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter