Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] JennAir F1-07 fault code

[FIXED] JennAir F1-07 fault code

Model Number: JES9800AAB
    Brand: Jenn-Air

My Jenn-Air stove has been intermittently flashing a F1-07 default code for several days now. The top burners are functional, but when the code is flashing, the oven itself will not work. I turned off the circuit breaker to the unit but within 30 minutes of turning it back on, the beeping and flashing started again.
    My understanding from researching the codes is that the Control Panel Assembly may need to be replaced or possibly the clock...or maybe the membrane is disconnected and the ribbon cable needs to be checked. Is it likely to be obvious to me what the problem is when I remove the control panel as to which of these issues might be the problem?
    Thanks for the help.

The F1-7 error code indicates a communication problem between the ribbon cable that goes between the touchpad control panel and the main control board. First check the ribbon cable and make sure it is connected properly and that there are no signs of damage to the cable. If everything is good there, then either the touchpad or control board is bad and will need to be replaced. There is no way to determine 100% which part is bad, so you will have to make an educated guess.

I will need the serial number from the range to look up the control board. Here is the touchpad control panel for your model:

Control Panel Assembly - Part # PD00003678 (mfg # 74005747)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks, Ryan. These are the numbers that I found on either side of the glass oven door: 8114P732-(60) and 8114P734-(60). Are these serial numbers? If not, where would I find it?
    I'm assuming that ribbon cables are purchased separately if it appears damaged?
    I appreciate your input Debbie

Debbie,

The ribbon cable is part of the touchpad control panel (part# 74005747). If the ribbon cable is broken or damaged, then you have to replace the touchpad control panel.

If you need help finding the model & serial number tag, try this:
    http://partsdr.com/model-number-loca...ge-stove-oven/
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Thanks again, Ryan. Looks like I've got some exploring to do I'll check back in when (if?) I find the serial number. I may just go ahead and purchase the touchpad control panel since it sounds like a toss up as to which it would be ...that or the control board. For some reason, I thought the control board was included in the control panel assembly but I certainly could be wrong about this. Debbie

Debbie,

See the attached diagram in my post. #1 is the touchpad control board, and it plugs into #5 the main control board.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JES9800AAB.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	68
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Got it....I think! I'll start removing some screws and investigating. From what you previously said, you know the part number for the control panel (#1) but not for the control board (#5) which would require the serial number. And if the ribbon cable appears intact and I replace the control panel (#1) and I still get the fault code, I will need to replace the control board (#5)...or vice versa. I suppose depending on the cost I could just replace them both.

Ryan: OK, now have the serial number: 16474758ZZ
    The ribbon cable appears intact (as far as I can tell). If you had to speculate (and I certainly won't hold you to it), would you suspect the problem to be the touchpad control or the main control board? I know you probably wouldn't like to necessarily hazard a guess but would you have an opinion as to which one it is most likely to be?
    And, would an ohm meter help me in figuring out which one is at fault? Debbie

I have not seen the manufacturer post a test procedure with an ohm meter. I believe since there is actual circuitry inside the touchpad, an ohm meter wouldn't be able to tell you everything. Since you have about a 50% chance of either part being bad, I would either make an educated guess, or try replacing the cheaper part first.

This is the main control board for your serial number:

Control Board - Part # PD00003680 (mfg # 74007234)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Thanks, Ryan. I appreciate all of your help. You've been great Debbie

You're welcome! If you do end up fixing the range, let us know how the repair goes, and what you find as the cause of the problem. It might help other people down the road with the same problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I will definitely keep you updated on the stove repair. You know that whichever part I choose to replace first, it will turn out to be the other one So, I'm thinking it is more likely to be the control board, so I'll replace the touchpad first...a little reverse logic

I like your logic
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Hello, Ryan:
    Well, I am delighted to report that my 'reverse logic' paid off! Just finished installing the touch pad and everything is back to normal. It was a really easy repair (although it would have been nice to have another set of hands) and I'm thrilled that I got it right on the first "guess".
    Thanks again for your help; this is a great service. Debbie

Debbie,

Thanks for the feedback, I updated the status of the thread to FIXED! I wish my guessing "skills" were as good as yours (or maybe I just need to try the 'reverse logic'). I am glad we could help with the repair!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Doc,
    Im having the same code error and beeping F1-7. I need to replace the control panel any way (my 0 & 9 havent worked for a while any way) Here is the model and serial #'s. Do I order the same part as in this repair? Thanks,

Chris Cummings

forgot model #

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cummings View Post
    Doc,
    Im having the same code error and beeping F1-7. I need to replace the control panel any way (my 0 & 9 havent worked for a while any way) Here is the model and serial #'s. Do I order the same part as in this repair? Thanks,

Chris Cummings
    Sorry, Here is the model #. JES9800AAB
    serial #= 16666628AE

btw, the stove works fine. Havent tried the oven. it just beeps. ribbon cable looks fine.

Sorry, Here is the model #. JES9800AAB
    serial #= 16666628AE

btw, the stove works fine. Havent tried the oven. it just beeps. ribbon cable looks fine.
    Chris,

We see a much higher failure rate of the touchpad on the control panel, so we recommend to start by replacing this part first. Although it is possible for the control board to go bad and also cause this error code.

This is the control panel assembly for your model and serial number.

Control Panel Assembly - Part # PD00003678 (mfg # 74005747)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I ordered a new touch control panel and quickly received it . It is installed and is working nicely! Thanks for the advice.

I ordered a new touch control panel and quickly received it . It is installed and is working nicely! Thanks for the advice.
    That is great to hear, thank you for the update!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com