Thread: GE Profile Fridge - Water Under Deli Tray

GE Profile Fridge - Water Under Deli Tray

Model Number: pfsf6pkxdbb
    Brand: GE

Water under deli tray again. I replaced the temp sensor, the heater coil, the fan about 3 months ago because of a temperature problem and fan noise. This fridge is really a piece of crap. $1700 and it's 4 years old.

Any other ideas? Should I just cut my losses and deep 6 this piece of crap? Or continue to fight it and have it nickel and dime me?

Ge Profile Fridge

pfsf6pkxdbb

I'm having the exact same issue, but have yet to spend any $ in an attempt to fix it. My model is pfss6pkxdss.

In addition, my ice maker works great, but over the past few months my water filter has slowed to a trickle. I've replaced the filter, tried just using the bypass plug, and checked and adjusted the water pressure from the wall. Still a trickle and unusable. Tempted to buy PD00008487 to try and fix, but they said the part wouldn't include installation instructions.

Also wondering if these two issues are related.

Good luck Kevin.

Water under the deli tray is usually caused by water from the automatic defrost cycle not going down the drain to the bottom of the refrigerator. The most common thing that we see cause this is the refrigerator is not going through the automatic defrost cycle and the drain ices up. Once the drain is iced up, then the water doesn't have anywhere to go except down under the deli drawer. To fix this problem you will need to thaw the iced up drain and then find which defrost component is bad (defrost heater, defrost sensor, defrost thermostat, or main control board). To access the drain you will need to unplug the refrigerator, remove #97 in the attached diagram below, and then the drain is at the bottom of #90. Let us know what you find.

(Click to enlarge)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pfsf6pkxdbb.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	364
    Ryan
    www.PartsDr.com - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Circle Parts Dr On Google+

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Question

I have a similar issue, in addition to having to replace an icemaker with broken drive gear teeth.

My fridge is GE pfsf6pkwbww. There is a sheet of ice under the deli drawer, and water seeps out its left front corner and eventually appears under the left front foot on the floor. I can't see water on the back interior wall above the deli drawer anywhere, so I haven't figured out how it's getting under it. How would I get at the defrost drain and melt any ice blockage in it on my model. How would I determine which of the several possible devices might have failed, and where they're at?

Also, I removed the icemaker entirely this morning, and yet sitting here tonight we were startled to hear the fridge making the popping noises we always thought were due to the icemaker drive. They were slightly different in nature and stopped after 30 seconds or so. What might they be caused by, a defrost cycle?
    Last edited by Hafcanadian; 05-27-2017 at 02:36 AM.

Well, a further complication. (I may wish we just went fridge shopping after all this, but I've already ordered a new ice maker). We've discovered today a lot of frozen foods in the refrigerator, some of which were ruined, mostly salad veggies, but a container of salsa and a jar of sliced olives also, and I noticed icey milk in a carton last week. Most but not all were items stored along the back wall.

We don't live in a hot and humid area, so I usually leave the "energy saver" on on the control panel. Thinking it might unplug a drain, I've had it off a few days so the heaters would work; maybe that was a mistake?
    Last edited by Hafcanadian; 05-29-2017 at 02:38 AM.