Thread: Dishwasher motor repair

Dishwasher motor repair

Model Number: G868
    Brand: Brand

Hi There,
    This may not be the most appropriate thread to ask this question, but here it goes.
    I have a Meile G868 dishwasher that developed very low circulation water pressure. Before taking it apart, I ran it with door open (activating the door switch). I confirmed there was water pressure, but very low, only enough to spin the washer arms very slowly. I confirmed there was enough water. I took it apart, confirmed there was nothing obstructing the water flow in all the plumbing. Then I removed the circulation pump motor. It was then evident that the motor has started to seize. So, rather than replace the motor ($500 + shipping and taxes), I'd like to replace the bearing. My problem is that I can't get the impeller off in order to get to the bearing. Here are a couple of pictures. You can see the impeller. I need to remove this in order to get to the inside bearing. Any ideas how to do this?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0252.jpg   IMG_0249.jpg   IMG_0246.jpg  

I'm sorry, we do not have access to Meile part or service information. On most dishwashers the pump motor bearings are not a serviceable item and the whole pump motor assembly must be replaced if it is bad.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter