Thread: how to connect the tubeing from the ice maker,water disp.etc., to water inlet valve

how to connect the tubeing from the ice maker,water disp.etc., to water inlet valve

Model Number: 79551312014
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Good morning...my plumber disconnected the water inlet valve from the ice maker water dispencer etc. the winter because we shut the house down for the winter.. when he reconnected it and the ice maker called for water the water spits out the water dispense hose and wont fill the ice tray..we have switched the tubed lines around to no avail ...help

It sounds like one of the lines might be connected to the water inlet valve in the wrong location or you could have a bad water valve that is stuck open and letting water go to the dispenser when it is not being called to do so. If you are sure that all of the water lines are connected in the correct places, then I would start by replace the water inlet valve. If you are not sure that the lines are in the correct places, post up a picture and I can try to help you make sure that you have them connected correctly. When the plumber worked on the refrigerator, did he disconnect the plastic lines from the water inlet valve? Let me know what you find.

This is the water inlet valve for your model refrigerator:

Water Inlet Valve - Part # PD00008309 (mfg # AJU34125533)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter