Thread: Replacing door hinges on dishwasher.

Replacing door hinges on dishwasher.

Model Number: EWDW6505GS0
    Brand: Electrolux

I'm not sure how to get to the bottom screws. Do I need to remove the plastic base?

It looks like you will have to pull the dishwasher out a little ways to access all of the screws that hold on the door hinge. See the attached diagram.

Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

This diagram is not showing the plastic base that goes around the total bottom of the dishwasher. It also holds the electronic control,legs. and covers the bottom screws of the hinges. I did pull it out and tipped it back. Looking at it, I can'nt beleave thay would design something that you would have to lay on its back so you can totally remove the base, and at the same time have the door dismantled,off the hinges,hanging by its wires just to replace the hinges! Please tell me there is a better way. Do you know if there is a recall on this dishwasers hinges. I did notice thet the new hinges have a stop on them so the door won,t drop too low, and the ones that came with the dishwasher don,t.

I have not heard of a recall on this part. It is possible that the manufacturer has changed the design of the part. They often make small changes to parts over time. I don't have any experience with this particular dishwasher yet, so I can't offer any advice on replacing the hinges.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter