Thread: Samsung wa400pjhdwr/aa still won't drain

Samsung wa400pjhdwr/aa still won't drain

Model Number: wa400pjhdwr/aa
    Brand: Samsung

i have a samsung wa400pjhdwr/aa...the drain housing busted and samsung sent someone out and they switched out the housing for the new one and switched out the drain pump...the washer still wouldnt drain though...the tech said we needed a new main control board so we bought one and installed it...it still wont drain...we have also replaced the water pressure sensor..we are thinking we might need a new drain motor...does that sound right? we have checked all the hoses for clogs and there isnt any...we can only get the water to drain out by sticking the drain hose into the drain hole on the floor

If the drain pump motor has not already been replaced, then that is most likely what is causing your problem. To verify this you would need to use a voltmeter to test if the control board is sending approx 120v to the drain pump motor. If the motor has power and it is not running then it needs to be replaced. Let us know what you find.

This is the drain pump motor for your model washer:

Drain Pump Motor - Part # PD00002185 (mfg # DC31-00054D)

If your washer was manufactured December 2012 or earlier then you may want to use this drain pump relocation kit to upgrade the washer to a newer style drain pump:

Drain Pump Relocation Kit - Part # PD00004957 (mfg # DC98-01877B)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

The relocation kit was installed when the tech came out to make the repairs. I will order the drain pump motor and let you know how it goes. What is the difference between the drain pump motor and the drain motor DC31-20014C?

Quote Originally Posted by layla1234 View Post
    The relocation kit was installed when the tech came out to make the repairs. I will order the drain pump motor and let you know how it goes. What is the difference between the drain pump motor and the drain motor DC31-20014C?
    Drain motor part # DC31-20014C actuates a lever on the clutch of the washer. This part does is not what drains the water out of the washer. If the technician already installed the drain pump relocation kit, then he would have already replaced the drain motor on the washer when he installed that kit. Between the drain pump relocation kit, main control board, and sensor switch that you replaced, this should have fixed your problem. I would look everything over a second time to make sure everything was connected and installed correctly.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Just had a repair guy come out and take a look at it. He said it's the wiring harness. Would you please tell me what the part number is for that?

Quote Originally Posted by layla1234 View Post
    Just had a repair guy come out and take a look at it. He said it's the wiring harness. Would you please tell me what the part number is for that?
    I think Carissa helped you find this part via our live chat on our website this morning?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com