Thread: kitchenaid dishwasher not washing

kitchenaid dishwasher not washing

Model Number: KUDE60FVSS3
    Brand: KitchenAid

dishwasher fills with water, but will not wash. Pump for washing does not come on. I run diagnostics and get error code 8-3, which seems to be related to water temperature sensor and/or turbidity sensor. I've checked the pump fuse and it is good. diverter pump resistance is OK, too. Thoughts?

Erik

I am showing code 8-3 is "incoming water under 18C (65F)". It sounds to me like the circulation pump motor might be bad if you don't hear it running at all. Sometimes when the pump stops running it can cause error codes that don't seem to relate to the problem. Have you checked to see if the circulation pump motor is receiving approx 120v when it is supposed to be running. If there is approx 120v to the circulation pump motor and it is not running, then you will need to replace the circulation pump motor. Let us know what you find.

This is the circulation pump for your dishwasher:

Pump & Motor Assembly - Part # PD00022993 (mfg # W10208688)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

kitchenaid dishwasher not washing

Thanks for replying. Yes, it could be the circulation pump. I tried to trouble shoot it as much as I could, had the whole assembly out and also checked the fuse. I can put a volt meter on it - where is the most logical place to check? At the fuse? And where do I get ground? If I don't measure 120 volts supply, does it take me back to the turbidity sensor? Any way of testing functionality on the sensor? Just a bunch of yellow wires going in to it...

The pump assembly is pretty much the most expensive part on the dishwasher I would consider buying a new one at that point.

bad

Terminals P3 & P2 at the pump is where you would need to test for power. If you are looking at the tech sheet for the dishwasher, look at the strip circuit section where it says "Wash/Rinse" this shows all of the parts to test relating to this.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter