Thread: Samsung refrigerator RB1944SL not cooling, error code "d"

Post Samsung refrigerator RB1944SL not cooling, error code "d"

Model Number: RB1944SL
    Brand: Samsung

Hello, A friend gave me his misbehaving Samsung RB1944SL refrigerator. The freezer compartment is on the bottom. When it is working, the frig cools things nicely and freezer makes ice cubes easily . . . .BUT it will just stop cooling. . . about every day or so. I do unplug / plug it unit to get it working again

I have manually defrosted it . . . it is out in the back yard.

I have replaced the control circuit board but it misbehaves differently now. Sometimes after a reset by pushing both the top buttons for 5 seconds and the front error is a simple small "d" on the frig temp display. . . . and nothing on the freezer display (sometimes freezer displays " 00 ") . I can unplug / plug the frig and the compressor will start to cool for several hours BUT it will stop cooling both the top frig and the bottom freezer . . . the display indicates my preset temps!!. If I manually reset using the front buttons then both temps change to the actual temp for each compartment. . . . which has warmed up of course!. Unplug / plug it and it starts to cool again but it will stop in several hours.

What does the reset button do that is on the control circuit board??? and how do I use it for diagnosing problems??

My guess is that some frig sensors need to be replaced and maybe other components. . . . but you are the expert . . so please any recommendation would be greatly appreciated !!!!

Respectfully, Lance

Lance,

Most of the Samsung refrigerators display a blinking line to indicate different error codes. I don't have the service manual for your particular refrigerator, so I can't confirm this is the case for your model. I would start by check out the defrost components in the freezer section, because some of the Samsung models will run for 4 hours after being unplugged until they go into a automatic defrost cycle. With the refrigerator unplugged, ohm out the defrost heater (built into the evaporator coil), thermal fuse, and temp sensor. Let us know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter