Thread: [FIXED] How to disable Bosch dishwasher cycle complete signal - with no LCD display

[FIXED] How to disable Bosch dishwasher cycle complete signal - with no LCD display

Model Number: SHS5AVF2UC
    Brand: Bosch

I am new to this forum and would like some advise from those that may have tried to disable the cycle completion signal on their Bosch units. I have found plenty of instructions on the web, but all have been with models that have the LED display. My recently purchased model (SHS5AVF2UC) does not have a LCD display. The manual the came with my unit does not properly depict the sequence to turn off this signal, although the manual states that the signal can be disabled. My model has the controls on the top of the door (accessible only when opened) and the following are available buttons which can be pushed:

On/Off
    Delay Start
    Extra Dry
    Cycle Select
    Start

The rest of the controls are just status indicators. I have attached pictures for reference. I believe all Bosch models have the ability of disabling the cycle signal, but require a certain sequence of pushing/holding buttons to be administered. I tried to call Bosch support and they could not assist, their only advise was to turn the breaker on/off. Any help from this forum would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0004.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	384

Thanks,
    VAGator

I was able to get someone from Bosch customer support to assist, the model in question is very new and the manual does not reflect the correct button sequence. I have attached instructions that work for this model.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bosch manual excerpt.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	391

Thanks,
    VAGator

Thank you for the update and posting the answer. I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Bosch customer service couldn't even tell me what to do and sent me instructions that were wrong. This fixed my problem. Thank you so much!!!