Thread: [FIXED] Heating element replacement not like video

[FIXED] Heating element replacement not like video

Model Number: LDE5750W1 or LDE575OW1
    Brand: Whirlpool

I searched online for heating element replacement help and found numerous videos with simple instructions. However, when I opened the back of my dryer, I found a very different arrangement that appears to require disassembling the entire dryer to remove the heating element rather than just removing four screws.

Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails File Aug 04, 1 45 51 PM.jpg   File Aug 04, 1 44 14 PM.jpg  

the post should have included the name and model number: Whirlpool, Model # LDE5750W1 or LDE575OW1. The dryer is ancient but runs well except for the heating element.

To remove this heating element you will first need to unplug the dryer, remove the back panel, remove the wires to the heating element. Next go to the front side of the dryer and remove the lint screen and remove the two screws around the opening, depress the two clips between the top lid and front panel this will allow you to lift up the top panel. With the top of the dryer open you will now have access to remove the screw at the top of the heater canister, once you remove the screw and bracket the entire heater element canister can be removed from the back side of the dryer. With the canister pulled out of the dryer you can remove the mounting screw and pull the old element out and slide the new one in. Reinstall in the reverse order. Let us know how the repair goes and if you have any questions.

This is the heating element for your model dryer:

Heating Element - Part # PD00002385 (mfg # 4391960)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Got it

I managed to get the thing apart and have gotten a new element & limiter ordered. I didn't have to remove the dryer top as whirlpool "thoughtfully" provided a hole on the back to put a screwdriver through as well as a port to look through to see what I was doing. May have to take off the lid to reassemble. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    To remove this heating element you will first need to unplug the dryer, remove the back panel, remove the wires to the heating element. Next go to the front side of the dryer and remove the lint screen and remove the two screws around the opening, depress the two clips between the top lid and front panel this will allow you to lift up the top panel. With the top of the dryer open you will now have access to remove the screw at the top of the heater canister, once you remove the screw and bracket the entire heater element canister can be removed from the back side of the dryer. With the canister pulled out of the dryer you can remove the mounting screw and pull the old element out and slide the new one in. Reinstall in the reverse order. Let us know how the repair goes and if you have any questions.

This is the heating element for your model dryer:

Heating Element - Part # PD00002385 (mfg # 4391960)

The repair is done & dryer is running fine so far. Thanks for the advice. I was able to remove the heat canister w/o popping the lid. Whirlpool provided a hole on the back to put a screwdriver through as well as a viewing port so that I could see what I was doing. Once I had all the parts & info, about an hour wrapped it up. Thanks again.

Thanks for the update, I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter