Thread: Ice Maker problems

Ice Maker problems

Model Number: 68867890
    Brand: Other

Having trouble with an ice maker in a kenmore model 68867890 refrigerator. Checked water supply to fridge and its ok. Not making ice. Doesn't seem to be filling. Problem started after 2 day power failure. On resumption of power ice maker was in the off position and wan't turned back on for several weeks. Not sure how to check to see if water inlet is frozen or what else to try.

You are missing a few digits at the beginning of the model number. Can you double check it for me please? It should read XXX.68867890 with three digits at the beginning instead of the X's.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

106 i believe.

I wasn't able to find your model, but I didn't find a model that was the same except the last digit is a 1 (106.68867891).

Make sure to unplug the refrigerator before working on it. You can check to see if the water line is frozen by removing the outlet line from the water valve and blowing through it to see if the line is frozen. You should be able to blow through the line, if you can't then the line is frozen. You will need to thaw out the line and then replace the water valve because it is leaking and freezing up your line.

Both a bad water valve, and a bad ice maker can cause the ice maker not to fill up with water. The ice maker sends power (approx 120v) for about 8 seconds to the water valve to fill the ice maker up with water. If the valve is receiving power but not filling up, then the valve is bad and will need to be replaced. If the ice maker is not sending power to the valve, then the ice maker is bad and will need to be replaced.

These should be the correct parts for your model:

Water Inlet Valve - 2315576

Ice Maker Assembly - 4317943
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter