Thread: Samsung ice maker lever not responding right

Samsung ice maker lever not responding right

Model Number: DA97-07365G
    Brand: Samsung

I purchased a new ice maker (model DA97-07365G) for my 5 year old Samung French door refrigerator. The installation went perfect and the ice maker is acting normal and quietly making ice, however, I noticed immediately after installation I have to hit the door ice lever hard with a cup to dispense ice, otherwise only water will dispense. This function worked correctly with the previous ice maker which I had to replace after it stopped making ice. Now the only way to dispense ice is to slam a cup into the lever which is not normal or a desired way of using this feature. Can anyone help me understand why the dispense mechanism has now changed with the installation of a new and improved ice maker? Is there an adjustment?

There should not be any correlation between the new ice maker installation and the new problem that you are having.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Ice maker dispense flap not working now

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    There should not be any correlation between the new ice maker installation and the new problem that you are having.
    Thank you. The ice dispense flap has now completely stopped working and just to make sure I reinstalled the old ice maker to see if it went back to normal operation and it did not. So, I've reinstalled the new ice maker again but now I can't dispense ice. What would cause the ice dispense flap to stop working now and was it just a coincidence it happened after I installed the new ice maker? Seems odd the ice dispense flap was working fine before I pulled out the old ice maker, then started acting strange with the new ice maker and now has completely stopped working 5 days later.

My guess is that it is a coincidence, unless you did something to the dispenser while you were installing the new ice maker.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter