Thread: Samsung Drain Problem

Samsung Drain Problem

Model Number: DMT800RHS
    Brand: Samsung

I was getting a 5E draining problem error. I checked the sump assembly and found nothing clogged in it. I checked the drain hoses and found a plastic adjuster rack piece lodged in the drain pump hose part#DD67-00058A. This is the smaller drain hose that goes from the pump to the water vacuume brake assembly. Also laying in the hose was a rubber "flapper". I can't figure out where this rubber piece would come from. It looks like a check valve but the only one I see on the parts list is in the bottom of the sump and mine is in place and doesn't look like the one I found in the hose. Is it possible that it was attached to the inside of the hose as a check valve? A picture is attached. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	394

Samung uses a similar looking check valve on the drain pump for their washing machines, but I have not seen one that looks like on their dishwashers before. I know some other manufactures put a check valve inside of the dishwasher drain hoses, but I have not seen Samsung do this. I am not sure where it goes, but if you find the location please let me know.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Samung uses a similar looking check valve on the drain pump for their washing machines, but I have not seen one that looks like on their dishwashers before. I know some other manufactures put a check valve inside of the dishwasher drain hoses, but I have not seen Samsung do this. I am not sure where it goes, but if you find the location please let me know.
    I received a replacement hose to see if there is a check valve inside of the hose. The Samsung part number is DD67-00058A and there is a check valve inside of it. My question now is, what end of the hose gets hooked up to the pump. I have seen videos online that say the longer end of the hose but both ends of the hose are the same length. Since there is a check valve in the hose, it will make a difference which end goes where. Does water flow from the pump to the hose or does the water flow from the hose to the pump?

Thanks