Thread: Samsung DV337AER/XAA NO HEAT

Samsung DV337AER/XAA NO HEAT

Model Number: DV337AER/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

I have a DV337AER/XAA that stopped heating recently. The drum spun, all the lights and sounds worked, but sometimes it heated up and sometimes it didn't. So, last night I replaced the heater duct assembly (DC97-14486A, which includes the thermostat and thermal fuse, and heating element), the thermistor (DC32-00007A), the control board (MFS-DV327L-00) because I wasn't sure which part was bad, and I didn't feel like tearing apart the dryer 5 times to replace each part individually. I cleaned all of the lint out of the dryer and got it as close to new as I could have. When I put everything back together and put the dryer back, i ran it for about 5 minutes on "Time Dry" on high with an empty drum just to test, and it worked fine and got nice and hot. I got up this morning and put a load of towels in it and now I have no heat again. The vent is clear and free of obstructions and only has one 90 degree bend in it. Can anyone help? I'm not sure which components to check, since I replaced everything. Can anyone help? And does anyone have the service manual I could use?

Thanks!

All of the parts that you replaced are the common parts that would cause the dryer to act this part. The next thing that I would recommend to check is the power supply to the dryer. Unplug the power cord and inspect the area where the cord attaches to the dryer. Make sure that all of the electrical connections are tight and that there are not any burned or broken wires. Also, check the plug prong and look for any signs of arcing, heat or corrosion on the plug. If those things check out, then I would test the power supply to the dryer to make sure it is getting approx 240V. Sometimes a bad breaker or outlet can cause this type of problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Hey Doc,

Thanks so much for the reply. Whelp, I turned the dryer on just after leaving you this post, left the house, and when I came home for lunch (10 minutes ago) the towels were dry and when I turned it on again, the cycle was hot. When I unplugged the dryer last night, I didn't see any signs of arcing or corrosion on the dryer plug (I replaced the plug and outlet about 3 years ago). The dryer is stacked on my washer, so I dont have enough time to pull the whole stack apart and check the outlet now, but I can later. I do however, have easy access to the electrical panel. Since everything else is working fine, do you think there could be some voltage drop across the breaker? I have an old ITE Pushmatic setup, which is somewhat known for being finicky, so maybe there's an issue with that? (On a side note, my 30A water heater breaker has been randomly tripping making for nice cold showers by the time we notice).

Thanks!

If it started working after you unplugged and replugged it in I would look closely at the outlet and plug as being the culprit.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter