Thread: Refrigerator not defrosting

Refrigerator not defrosting

Model Number: RS262TD
    Brand: Samsung

Refrigerator side does not defrost automatically. Have had repair people out twice, and after running through a checklist or flowchart, all they did, was tell us that it needed to be defrosted; they could do it for $200 or we could do it ourselves. Later, I found out that this is a common problem with Samsungs. I found this DIY video in YouTube:
    https://youtu.be/R_kbnddADDU

I moved the thermistor per his instructions, using a part from Samsung that had a longer cable and the same connector, but could not reset the codes following his instructions, as mine is a different model, and his method did not work on mine. Consequently, the modification has not worked, and here I am, defrosting it again. My wife is totally exasperated and wants to sell it and buy another one! Samsung was no help. Consumer Reports rated it very highly, and was not very sympathetic when I pointed out that the problem was all over the Internet, with a class action lawsuit as well.

Is there anything that can be done? Is there a way to reset the codes to have it defrost properly with this thermistor? Is there another work around?

Thank you.

The model number you provided does not come up as a valid model number for me.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter