Thread: keep replacing dishwasher parts or buy a new one?

Question keep replacing dishwasher parts or buy a new one?

Model Number: KUDP02CRBL1
    Brand: KitchenAid

My Kitchenaid KUDP02CRBL1 dishwasher was running full cycles, but not cleaning anything. Thinking the circulation pump was at fault, I replaced that ($98). While reassembling the dishwasher, noticed that the control panel ribbon was no longer attached to the inside of the overlay panel, so I replaced that part ($73). Put the dishwasher back into place and got it operating again, but when I opened it during the wash cycle to see if the water was spraying anywhere inside, there was no evidence of that. I now see that the inner door seal is frayed near the bottom end and I wonder if a breach in the seal is enough to keep the machine from going into wash mode to protect from leaks. Is that a possibility or was my new pump faulty? I am getting pressure from the human dishwasher in the family to just buy a new machine, but I am feeling less than satisfied with that plan. I feel like this should be solvable, but maybe I am in over my head. Any thoughts?

I'm sorry to hear about the bad luck you've been having with this dishwasher. Does the dishwasher fill up and drain with water okay? Do you hear the circulation motor running while it should be washing? Can you please post the part numbers of the two parts that you have replaced?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

I took the beast apart a little more and discovered that the overfill control switch (8268909) does not have any connectivity, so perhaps that is the source of my problem. I guess I jumped to a wrong conclusion buying the new pump motor (8535759). But at least if this little switch repair fixes it, I'll have lots of new parts on my old washer and maybe it will run for a while. Fingers crossed!

That is great to hear. Let us know if replacing the overfill control switch fixes your problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter