Thread: Samsung dryer runs too hot

Samsung dryer runs too hot

Model Number: dv219aew
    Brand: Samsung

First problem that was 'fixed' after recently moving not using dryer for ~3 months dryer ran hot (checked ventilation, good output, correct voltages between phases and to ground, good ground source) then one day dryer stopped heating. Checked heating element, good 10ohm reading, no blown fuse, continuity on thermostat... started tracing wires back to control board and found a partially melted relay for the heating element control. Replaced control board: dryer operations returned to normal EXCEPT high over temperature regardless of setting. rechecked ventilation, verified no obstructions internally or externally, checked continuity of both thermal fuse locations, no short on heating element to ground and 10ohm across element, verified operation of thermostat with exposure to heat (opened under ~250F), verified response of thermistor under heating (11.5kohm steadily down to 1k over exposure to heat), don't know what piece to try replacing first. Ordered Main Control Board Part #PD00002035 | Mfg #DC92-00160A just two weeks ago from here. Did notice a 300ohm resistance between neutral and black phase when examining board which matches a MOV on the board (old board had same reading). Doubting it is a bad control board but looking for help.

I would start by check the power supply to the dryer. It should be receiving approx 240v for it to work properly. If one side of the power is gone, the dryer can run but no heat.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    I would start by check the power supply to the dryer. It should be receiving approx 240v for it to work properly. If one side of the power is gone, the dryer can run but no heat.
    240V between phases, each phase 120V to neutral (ground). The problem is i'm getting too much heat, as if the dryer is not cycling the element on and off. I've checked the element several times, even for a high resistance to ground and it comes out open loop every time, including all the thermostat devices to ground. I've also checked proper operation of all thermostats including high limit trip function under actual heat with success.

Can you tell me which part would be responsible for signalling the main board to cycle the heating element in the Samsung DV219AEW?

The main control board uses the temperature reading from the thermistor to cycle on and off the heating element. Have you checked the heating element for shorts?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter