Thread: Samsung dryer no heat

Samsung dryer no heat

Model Number: DV50F9A6EVWA2
    Brand: Samsung

I have a Samsung dryer 14 months old the heater speed working so I have been trouble shooting the problem. I have worked with a local repair man and he is stumped. We have tested the heating element and all the fuse they are good.

Now if I go up to the circuit board I have the heater relay with a black wire and a blue write. With a millimeter I touch the black wire on the heater relay and the red wire on the main power inlet and get 240Vac. I turn on the dryer and touch the blue write on the heater relay anger the other end on the red wire on the main power inlet and get 0Vac. The control board appeared to be bad so I replaced it samething on the new board.

There is one other function not working which is stream I tested volts coming out of the red and white wires out of the control board and had no volts with these dry on steam.
    Moderation Tools(0)

Does anyone know what controls the heater relay because I think that is what is bad with the no control board I still only got 122 volt but not 240Vac so appears the relay isn't closing

Question Dryer heater relay

Can you bypass the heater relay on the control board on this dryer will it harm the dryer

Question Dryers heater control

I want to bypass the heater relay in the dryer does the heater relay control the temperature of the heating element

You cannot bypass the heater relay. You never described what kind of problem you were originally having with the dryer that caused you to call a repair person to look at your dryer.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

That was a typo the heater element does not turn on if I bypass the relay it turns on also the steam function is not working longer I replace the control board twice in the thermistor still same problem when I turn it on the blue wire coming out of the heater relay never gets 240 V it goes to 0 V but the black wire going into the relay like it's the 240 the relay is not closing

What controls the heater relay

Can anybody help with this issue