Thread: Maytag Bravos Error F51

Maytag Bravos Error F51

Model Number: MVWB450WQ0
    Brand: Maytag

Recently, my washer (Maytag Bravos Quiet Series 300, model MVWB450WQ0) has been having different errors. A few weeks ago, it was giving intermittent LD code. By intermittent, I mean it could be every few wash loads, sometimes back to back loads. I disassembled the inner tub and drain pump hood filter. Found a couple coins and removed. I also put a stiff wire in the hose to the pump and couldn't feel any other obstructions. Still giving intermittent LD error. Disassembled again and found nothing. A week later, now the washer is giving a F51 error. I have disassembled it again and rotated the bearing shaft by hand. When rotating the shaft, it has a spot where the shaft binds and is difficult to rotate by hand. After I get it past that point, the shaft will rotate freely by hand until I get back to the same point again where the shaft gets difficult to move. How can I test to know if it's the shaft bearing, rotor assembly or motor? Thanks for your help.

Maybe another clue......after getting the F51 code, I put the washer on drain and spin mode. The timer count started at 13 minutes. There was a slight humming sound but the water didn't drain. It sounded like it wanted to go to spin, but heard a clunking sound like the tub was banging to one side. While this was happening, the timer went down to 12 minutes. Then the washer acted like it was recycling back to the start.....the washer stopped making any sounds and the timer went back to 13 minutes and the same sounds started again while again the timer went down to 12 minutes.

My guess is that the tub bearings are probably bad. The shaft should turn smoothly when you turn it and it should not bind.

This is the bearing kit and tool for your model washer:

Tub Bearing Shaft & Seal Kit - Part # PD00002260 (mfg # W10435302)

Tub Press Tool Kit - Part # PD00004958 (mfg # W10447783)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter