Thread: Samsung DA66-00850A lever installation

Patient

Samsung DA66-00850A lever installation

Model Number: rfg298hdrs
    Brand: Samsung

Hi All... I had the water/ice lever break off on my fridge last night. I was able to repair the part, but am unable to figure out how to re-install the lever correctly. Problem is the little torsion spring. no matter what I try, I can't seem to figure out how that goes on. I can't find any videos or repair manuals on this at all. I'm hoping someone out there can show me the way..... Thanks!!!

Patient
    I found it impossible to find anything online on how to install this little torsion spring.... went to Lowes, looked at my model fridge and figured out how to install the spring by the sample on their sales floor.....

Has anyone else ever had this issue? I am finding it hard to figure this out. The repair company want $110 just to show up. Please help!

Patient
    Here is what you do... unfortunately, I didn't take pictures.... take the little torsion spring and take the little part that is bent out at 90 degrees and stick it in the little hole located above the lever pivot hole and using scotch tape, tape it in place so it doesn't come out. place the lever's pivot pin in that hole first, then put in the pin in the hole on the other side. The spring has a little straight part sticking down at this point. Using a small flat head screw driver, take that straight part of the spring and force it back behind the lever, there is a detent there for the spring. That's it..... good luck.

Why they would make it so complicated is beyond me. Used Winterover a bit just to figure out how the tension spring works. 1st, even though it might seem counter intuitive, unplug the unit and take off the panel. This will save you a ton of headache and make the process much easier. Once you unscrew the Philips headed screw next to the ice dispenser hold the door shut and pull the entire unit out by holding inside the ice dispenser. Not easy. Not fun. but it does come out. Just pull enough to pop the cover unit and then you will need to disengage the wires from the holding clips and unplug the unit so you can remove from the frig. once off lay the unit facing you tilted so that you can work on it in the same configuration as you look at the unit on the door. Per winterover, find the slot on the left (your left) for the angled part of the tension spring and then slide the paddle arm in the hole with the spring on. At this point it is really easy to move the other end of the tension spring around into it's slot. Now insert the right side of the paddle into the hole and your good to go. re-install.
    This takes way longer than it should but a service call for this is way more expensive.
    Hope this helps.

I can't seem to find the hole that the lever spring anchors to. Do all the Samsung models have a hole. Do I need to remove the dispenser?

I went online to view the replacement ice maker for a samsung refrigerator model number RF263BEAESR / Ice maker DA97-12317A. I removed the ice maker and ordered another but can not get the refrigator to stop beeping alarm. I called samsung to help with none. I put the old ice maker back in and plugged it in but it continues. If I hold down the energy saver and alarm button at the same time it shows a 39E. How do I get it to stop.

Hi I'm currently gong throng this very repair. Can you tell me if the hinge(the peg) from the paddle is supposed to sit inside of the torsion spring or is the round part of the spring supposed to sit behind or kn top of the peg? Hopefully that made sense cause I can't figure it out and it's so frustrating!

I can not locate any hole for the spring to sit into. What model is your fridge? Mine is RFG297HDRS.

For anyone else who faces a challenge with the Samsung water paddle and tension spring, the hole isn’t easily visible because of the hole size and dark paddle color. Take a wire or hanger to feel the hole opening on the left hand side of the panel (if panel is facing you). I did not have to completely disconnect the control panel to install the part. Loosely install the spring into the hole first, then slide the paddle arm into the spring. As stated above, take a flat screwdriver insert the other spring end into the slot notch on the paddle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44504B29-F198-477C-92C6-DA8AED643199.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	894