Model Number: PLCS389DCC
Brand: Frigidaire

Hello and thanks in advance for any and all help.

I have a Frigidaire PLCS389DCC slide in cooktop/oven.

It worked fine for the first 10 years unlike my Frigidaire dishwasher but that is a whole different story.

All of a sudden my oven went from working fine to severely overheating on the convection bake cycle.

I have now tested the overheating and on convection bake I set the temperature to 325 degrees Farenheit and in about six minutes the inside oven temperature reached 525 degrees Farenheit which is 200 degrees higher.

The other issue is that on the normal bake cycle, again I set the temp to 325 degrees and the oven only got up to about 250 degrees over the course of 20 minutes.

So I have researched this problem somewhat and know that the sensor could be bad, which is about a $30.00 part and easy enough to replace if the oven slides out without too much grief.

But knowing Frigidaire of this era, I am thinking that the control board needs to be replaced which is about a $250.00 part and a fairly easy replacement.

So I am struggling to decide which part should be replaced first. Furthermore, it could be neither of these parts which is why I am reaching out for help.
I noticed that Frigidaire recalled similar ovens from this manufacturing time period but not my model.

Basically this is a good gas cooktop/electric oven when it works properly and it would be way too costly to just buy a new one as so many people have suggested thus far.

Please help.

Thank you.