Thread: Samsung 3E Error - Motor/Hall Sensor testing options?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Samsung 3E Error - Motor/Hall Sensor testing options?

Model Number: WA456DRHDSUAA0001
    Brand: Samsung

Hi guys,

I have a washer in despair here. Looks to have the ol' famous 3E code. At this point, I have done research and am aware of other user's same issues with the hall sensor / motor...replacing them....and them not even being the issue - with the Main Control Board being the final culprit.

I just read on another thread about testing procedures for the hall sensor and motor, originally found in a physical manual located on the back of the washing machine. Unfortunately, my manual wasn't there. Is anyone aware of these tests I can do? Or is that literature online somewhere? I have the Samsung manual downloaded from the Samsung website, will be reading through that in the meantime.

Maybe I did this backwards, but now I will break down the symptoms of my washer in despair.

It started giving the intermittent 3E code about a month ago, stopping in the middle of cycles - locking the door, just plain froze. Only way to fix it seemed to be to unplug it for about 10-15 minutes, plug it back in...then it seemed to work fine...for a few loads...then it would do it all over again. Now - now it doesn't work at all...you turn it on...it sits there...then beeps and gives the 3E code.

Thanks for any information or advice anyone can provide on this fine Saturday.

- Washer in Despair in Need of Repair

New to this site. I am having the same problems. Did you ever get any help or figure it out.

The most common thing we are seeing cause the 3E error is a bad main control board. See this thread for more information.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter