Thread: GE Profile (Model # PT916DR1BB) Wall Oven Cuts out when opening door

GE Profile (Model # PT916DR1BB) Wall Oven Cuts out when opening door

Model Number: PT916DR1BB
    Brand: GE

Initially we had a problem of the oven shutting off after about 30 minutes to an hour of use. The touch pad would say "HI" and then beep and shut down with an error code F9. I learned that the error code indicates a shortage of cooling air around the controls. So I checked the blower fan in the controls area and replaced it. I also replaced the fuses for the bake mode and self clean mode and the oven sensor. The oven sensor was bad (no continuity). Since replacing these elements the oven seems to stay on (except one time that it shut off when with a "HI") temperature indication, but no error code.

Now, when we open the oven door and a blast of hot, humid air comes out from what we are cooking, the oven will shut the oven off and reset the display with a prompt for you to set the temperature. However, when you go to enter the temperature the keypad is locked (it won't let you enter anything). I have to reset the oven breaker and then the keypad works fine and the oven reheats, until you open the oven door again. Any ideas on what to the problem might be?

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike,

It is hard to say for sure what is causing this problem. My guess is that the oven control board or touchpad might be bad, but there could be another underlying problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Mike,

It is hard to say for sure what is causing this problem. My guess is that the oven control board or touchpad might be bad, but there could be another underlying problem.
    Thanks for the prompt response Doc Ryan. You say it might another underlying problem...any idea of what else I should check as possibly causing the problem? I will plan on replacing the control board/touch pad assembly. I believe they are sold as one complete unit for this oven as part number (WB27T11317). Please let me know if I have the wrong part number.

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike,

The touchpad and control board are sold separately on this oven. The control board is part number WB27T11442, and the touchpad is listed with three different part numbers (WB36T11322, WB36T11323, and WB36T11324). When they do this it usually means they are different colors, but they do not list which color each of these part numbers is. I emailed GE to ask if they can help determine which part number is the black one. If I hear something from them regarding this I will let you know.

An underlying problem could be a lot of things. Some examples would be a leaking oven door gasket that is letting heat escape up into the control board and touchpad area, a short in the wiring, power supply problem, or something else?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

The black touchpad control panel is part number WB36T11322.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com