Thread: Samsung dryer heating element connector stuck

Question Samsung dryer heating element connector stuck

Model Number: Dv665j
    Brand: Samsung

I have a dryer no heating problem. And found the heating element no good. The problem is the heating element connector is stuck. Do I need a special tool to disconnect. The samsung heating element in dv665j is on the back upright. The connector are located in lower back side . I already reach it but it is stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    Model Number: Dv665j
    Brand: Samsung

I have a dryer no heating problem. And found the heating element no good. The problem is the heating element connector is stuck. Do I need a special tool to disconnect. The samsung heating element in dv665j is on the back upright. The connector are located in lower back side . I already reach it but it is stuck.
    Should I cut the electrical wire and make new connector?

The (replacement part of ) heating element DC47-00005D have a wire with female side connector.The machine wire have a male side connector. Now because of long time use the plastic connector is stuck. Do I need special tools?

You should not need a special tool to disconnect the electrical plug. The best way to fix this would be to replace the wire harness with the electrical plug. Or you could cut off the original electrical plugs and use your own male and female insulated spade connectors to make the electrical connection. To do this you would need to have the tools to cut and strip the wire and a crimp or solder tool depending on the types of connectors you use.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks! I will try to disconnect the plug. If cannot disconnect,I will make my own connect as you suggested. As to which insulated spade male and female connector,I will take the heating element and go to the electrical store to figue out.

The whole wire harness will cost 40 dollar and will take a special technician to install. May be need to take apart a lot of things. The make my own connector solution seems easier.

Yes that might be easier and it will definitely be cheaper.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter