Thread: Help Samsung Dv220aewxaa over heating

Help Samsung Dv220aewxaa over heating

Model Number: Dv220aewxaa
    Brand: Samsung

The dryer is over heating after a few minutes and shuts off and won't start agin until it cools down. I have taken it apart and cleaned everything so I know there are no lint issues and the exhaust flow is excellent. Could this be a thermistor? Or is there a cycle thermostat on this dryer? No error codes, also the sensor drying stopped working a little while ago. Thanks for the help.

Jason
    Last edited by raptor0690; 03-05-2016 at 08:33 PM.

What makes you think that the dryer is over heating? When the dryer shuts off does the display turn off?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    What makes you think that the dryer is over heating? When the dryer shuts off does the display turn off?
    The incoming hot air duct has a scorched look and it is so hot it would burn fabric when it stops. It is obvious that its overheating. The display shuts off and it won't restart until cool again.

It sounds like you might be having multiple problems with the dryer. For the dryer shutting off problem, I would first check the power supply to the dryer to ensure you have approx 240v. If the power supply is good, then you could have a bad main control board or user interface control board. For the overheating problem I would first check your dryers exhaust venting for any clogs or restrictions. If you run the dryer on an air dry only (no heat) cycle, does the dryer still heat?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    It sounds like you might be having multiple problems with the dryer. For the dryer shutting off problem, I would first check the power supply to the dryer to ensure you have approx 240v. If the power supply is good, then you could have a bad main control board or user interface control board. For the overheating problem I would first check your dryers exhaust venting for any clogs or restrictions. If you run the dryer on an air dry only (no heat) cycle, does the dryer still heat?
    The power is good 246V, there are no air restrictions at all, I took everything apart and cleaned it. on air fluff (no heat) it runs fine and doesn't heat. I'm not an appliance tec, but I am an engineer I work on cnc mills, so I'm pretty sure I'm checking everything correctly. thanks for your help. is there a way to test the main board vs user interface board, to see which one is the issue?

I sent you PM with a link to download the service sheet for your model dryer. They do not give a test procedure to test the user interface board, but hopefully this information helps you diagnose the problem. We see very few failures of the user interface boards, it is usually the main control board that fails. Let us know what you find.

This is the main control board for your model dryer:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00002058 (mfg # DC92-00123C)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com