Thread: GE French door refrigerator not cooling with freezer and ice maker working properly.

GE French door refrigerator not cooling with freezer and ice maker working properly.

Model Number: PFSS6PKXASS
    Brand: GE

This fridge was a gift from my brother I believe it's about four years old. The fridge portion of it in not cooling below 65 degrees, out of the six vents along the back wall in the fridge the four lower vents keep freezing over and collecting ice very quickly. I let it melt over night and plugged it back in but it has gotten worse. Last year I had a similar problem with the water freezing under the drawers but we cleaned out the coils and haven't had issues since. Is taking apart the fridge hard to get to the fan and cool? I see four screws, does it just pop off. Thank you for you help I really appreciate it.

Please see the attached diagram below. You will need to unplug the refrigerator and remove most of the shelves. This should give you access to remove the evaporator cover #97 in the diagram. Once the evaporator cover is removed you should have access to see where the ice is coming from. While it is apart check to see if the defrost drain is iced up. Read this post for more info.

(click to enlarge)
    Attachment 445
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

My GE profile french door refrigerator is warm on top but the freezer is working perfectly. I unplugged it overnight and all the ice on the back part melted but the temperature inside the fridge is still 50 degrees