Thread: Dishwasher i30 error- FGID2474QF0A

Dishwasher i30 error- FGID2474QF0A

Model Number: FGID2474QF0A
    Brand: Frigidaire

My sixteen month Frigidaire (FGID2474QF0A) dishwasher is not working! We typically run the dishwasher at night and one morning I woke up to the drain constantly running. I opened the door and the noise from the drain doesn't go away. I pored water into the drainage and its drained out; however, the noise doesn't go away. I shut the door and switch off the breaker in the basement to stop the noise. Five hours later I switch back on the breaker and the noise from the running drain continues. I also notice that the digital display is showing i30. I take off the shell of the door to remove the control panel to see if the drain continues to run even without an attached control board. I switch back on the breaker and even without the door shell and control panel the drain continues to run. Why is that silly drain constantly running and what does the i30 mean? I don't see any visible water in the tank or drain area. Thanks in advance, BMN

The i30 error code indicates "A leak or over flow of water has been detected in the bottom pan." If there is no water in the bottom pan on the sensor then either the sensor is bad, the main control board is bad, or there is a short. On most dishwashers the only thing that will make the drain pump run constantly is if the main control board is bad. I don't know if it is some kind of safety mode that the dishwasher is in that is making the drain pump run because it is giving the i30 error? None of the other customers that have reported the i30 error have mentioned that their dishwashers drain pump was running constantly, so that is making me think there is something wrong with the main control board. Let us know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Running drain pump

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    The i30 error code indicates "A leak or over flow of water has been detected in the bottom pan." If there is no water in the bottom pan on the sensor then either the sensor is bad, the main control board is bad, or there is a short. On most dishwashers the only thing that will make the drain pump run constantly is if the main control board is bad. I don't know if it is some kind of safety mode that the dishwasher is in that is making the drain pump run because it is giving the i30 error? None of the other customers that have reported the i30 error have mentioned that their dishwashers drain pump was running constantly, so that is making me think there is something wrong with the main control board. Let us know what you find.

Mine is the same model and is doing the constant draining as well. Even when we open the door, it continues. Hoping you've found the solution since your post is from a couple of weeks ago. Any updates or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Jen

Did anyone decide if it was the sensor , main control board or short?

Quote Originally Posted by GeeP View Post
    Did anyone decide if it was the sensor , main control board or short?
    When the tub overflows with water it pours to a pan underneath the Dishwasher. (as described above). I removed the water from the drip pan the float lowers and the pump stops.

The question that I am trying to resolve now is why did it overflow. There is no float inside the tub. They use Turbidity sensor and a Pressure sensor. I suspect one of those sensors failed. I guess it could be the control board as well.
    Last edited by TrackDaddy; 02-05-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks I'll check that out.

Did anyone find a definitive solution? Mine is also doing the same thing. Last week it was a .2 error. Putting some Limeaway in the base overnight fixed that...but now I have a .3 error with the pump running constantly even with the door open. The only way it stops is if I leave the door open and the whole machine tips forward a bit to unbalance it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrackDaddy View Post
    When the tub overflows with water it pours to a pan underneath the Dishwasher. (as described above). I removed the water from the drip pan the float lowers and the pump stops.
    Drying the pan did the trick for me