Thread: Samsung. What is this wire???

Samsung. What is this wire???

Model Number: WF56H9100AG/A2
    Brand: Samsung

Our washer is not spinning. We did a code check and got an 8E1. At first it wouldn't fill with water. We replaced the MEMS sensor and now the water comes in and everything works fine until the spin cycle. The code check still says 8E1, though this code doesn't come on by itself. I have read online by someone to replace the bottom harness. I ordered a new control board to see if that will work. HOWEVER, our biggest concern is the wire with no home. What is this for? Our guess is maybe it's for a technician to attach a computer? We opened our other Samsung washer and there is no wire, but it's a basic model and doesn't have several things. If I'm successful with my attachment, a picture should be here. It's there just to the right of the water inlet valves. Thanks to anyone who can answer!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160511_235257.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	456

I am not sure what that connection is for. It could just be something that is supposed to be left empty from the factory.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    I am not sure what that connection is for. It could just be something that is supposed to be left empty from the factory.
    Thanks. That's comforting. We still can't get the thing to work. It starts off fine, then beeps when it starts to rinse and just sits there. The water drains, the "door lock" light goes off and the timer continues. During the check, it still gives us 8E1 as the error, though doesn't appear during cycle. We replaced the control board today but no changes. So far, we've replaced the MEM Sensor. I checked the door lock with the multimeter and it appears fine and in good order. The water inlet valves are good. The only thing left, I suppose, is the main wire harness.

Yes it could be a bad wire harness. Wire harness problems are usually pretty difficult to narrow down and find. Sometimes it can be a broken wire inside the insulation where you can't even visually see a break in the wire.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter