Thread: ice dispenser does not stop running

ice dispenser does not stop running

Model Number: 253.44333600
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Kenmore Pro counter depth side by side refrigerator:
    I had the water actuator replaced and since then, the ice dispenser runs continuously, unless we disconnect it. Had a new Power Control board installed, but same problem. Repair guy is at a loss. I was wondering if the Ribbon Cable Harness could be the problem? Any suggestions?

It's possible the ribbon cable could be the problem if it is shorted. Does it stop running if you disconnect the ribbon cable? I am assuming you have checked the basics like making sure the wires are hooked up in the correct places and the dispenser switches are being depressed?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Hi Ryan:
    The Ribbon Cable was replaced and still same problem; as soon as the ribbon cable is connected between the power board and the dispenser board, the auger starts running immediately to dispense ice. if you press and hold the Lock button until it remains illuminated, then open/close the freezer door, the auger stops running. Then if you unlock it, it starts immediately again.

Dispenser switches were verified; He even tried disconnecting the dispenser switches yet when we connected the ribbon again, the auger starts running immediately even with the dispenser switches disconnected.

I assume repair guy hooked everything/wires back up ok when he installed the new water dispenser actuator.

Could the Dispenser board be the problem - sending incorrect info like the dispense ice button is pressed? Note: the light on the buttons of the front panel of the dispensing board, the ones you see when the unit is all reassembled, does not light up when problem is occurring. I happen to have a 2nd Dispenser board from years ago when another service rep replaced it, and tried connecting that one with same problem. Maybe those boards have this type of issue? I forget why that board was replaced the last time.

It could be a bad dispenser board. Frigidaire doesn't give the information to test that part on your refrigerator. It could also be something was hooked up incorrectly.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter