Thread: [FIXED] Samsung dryer turning off and on by itself.

[FIXED] Samsung dryer turning off and on by itself.

Model Number: DV45H7000EW/A2
    Brand: Samsung

Dryer is only 2 yrs old but past warranty. I read this post - http://forum.partsdr.com/showthread....-FIXED-Samsung -
    but my symptoms are slightly different. Whether on moisture sensing or manual timed dry, it will start with 20 mins on the panel, run for 5 to 10 seconds, stop running but lights and power still on, stays off for approximately 2 mins, start again for 5 to 10 secs, stop spinning again, timer goes to 1 min, then shuts off when timer goes to 0. It will not start again until 2 mins even if I power off and on again. If I shut off the power when it kicks off, at the approximate 2 mins I hear a "snap" come from behind/under it. It has a slight hot smell to it while doing this cycle. I have tested with ohm meter all thermos, thermistor and heating element. All within range. Pretty sure it's the motor but could it be the centrifugal switch and not the motor? I really don't want to buy one part then it be the other. Advice needed. Thanks

The centrifugal switch is part of the motor, if the centrifugal switch is bad the motor needs to be replaced. From what you described it sounds like the motor is probably bad, but it could also be a bad main control board. With the symptoms that you described this type of problem is most often caused by a failure of the motor. To determine which part is bad you would need to test to see if the main control board is sending power to the motor when the motor stops running. If it is sending power to the motor and the motor isn't running then the motor is bad. Let us know what you find.

This is the motor for your model dryer:

Drive Motor - Part # PD00027132 (mfg # DC31-00055G)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for the info.
    It's fixed. I bought a new motor and blower wheel, put it back together and it runs like new. I figure it was the motor that went bad. Also cleaned/oiled the drum carrier wheels while I had it apart and it's now quitter than when it was brand new.
    Thanks for the help and info from this sight.

Thanks for the update! I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter