Thread: Maytag dishwasher starts and goes to cancel drain

Question Maytag dishwasher starts and goes to cancel drain

Model Number: MDB7749SBM3
    Brand: Maytag

Our Maytag dishwasher purchased about two years ago is not working. It starts, begins to fill for a short time, then goes to drain/cancel and drains. If you open it during the drain time it is steamy in there. I found the service tech paper work and I ran the diagnostic cycle which took about 15 minutes for it to go through. But I guess I am just dense. What am I looking for when all of that is going on? I taped the whole thing on my phone and when it first starts going through the test the clean light is blinking. It blinks four times, then three and the high temp light is lit. It does that a few times, then it blinks six then four times, and the heated dry light comes on. I don't want to describe all that it does, I guess what I am asking is which sequence tells me what is wrong? It does a lot of different things during the diagnostic. Thanks for any help. It is pretty frustrating to pay $650 for something that is broken two years later.

Have you checked the dishwasher for error code by following the instructions on page 8 of the tech sheet?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Sorry, I haven't had time to work on the dishwasher until now. I have the sheet, did get it start the diagnostic but that is where I am lost. It goes on and on through the diagnostic for 15 minutes with different things lighting up. Am I looking at the first sequence? The entire sequence? I video taped what it did, but I guess maybe I don't understand how to read the codes.

Page 4 of the tech sheet describes what should occur during each of the 7 steps of the diagnostic cycle.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Page 4 of the tech sheet describes what should occur during each of the 7 steps of the diagnostic cycle.
    Thanks for the help. I had a local appliance repair guy come out today. They diagnose only for $9.95. He said it is the motor. Sigh, now to decide if we spend $200 on a part or just buy a new unit.

Thanks for the update. Did they say if it was the circulation motor or the drain motor?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com