Thread: Samsung fridge. RF323TEDBSR/AA Fridge Takes long time to cool down Defrost Problem

Samsung fridge. RF323TEDBSR/AA Fridge Takes long time to cool down Defrost Problem

Model Number: RF323TEDBSR
    Brand: Samsung

First Let me sat I got a lemon of a Samsung RF323TEDBSR refrigerator. I have issues with ice maker dripping constantly that I gave up on already But this is not the current NEW pressing issue at hand (4 years old) Beautiful and spacious but has been a pain since I got it. The latest problem I have that I need to fix fast, so any information or comments is appreciated. I heard the fan inside fridge grinding noise. It was ice build up on inside evaporator coil as was half frozen mostly at top of ac lines before it comes into the coil and bottom of drip pan where the drip pan drain was frozen & clogged (i cleared it). I thawed it out the coil and put it back together buying me time to do research. I am thinking that it is probably one of 3 things. Defrost Heater, Thermostat, Defrost or Main defrost board. or all three ... BUT this is the catch After I put together. I put the fridge in "turbo cool" to cool down the fridge quickly. It was 56 degrees when it started and took 6 hours to get it to 39 degrees where it is now hovering around. where I have the temp set to be 34 degrees inside the fridge. so something is not right. I know the fan inside is working since I can feel it when simulate the door being open with a magnet and i can feel and hear the fan. So any insight of where to start if anyone ran into this problem before any help will be appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance.. Mike

Did you make sure to get all of the ice and frost melted while you had it apart?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Ryan,

Well I did leave the fridge running when I use a hair drier on the evaporator coil (residue moisture would instantly freeze on the evaporator tubes). But YES 99.9% of the ice was gone the coil had good airflow. It is cooing fine now it was pretty warm with all the food i put back in so perhaps it just takes they long to cool all the stuff back down. I never watched how long it took before to cool so this is learning experience for me.

I purchased a defrost Heater assembly and a t-stat to replace on the evap coil. Wanted to try those first before I switch out the control board for ($120).

In your experience what "normally" gives out? Board, t-stat or defrost heater?

I have another issue with this fridge since it was 6 months old. Had at least 9 service calls (probably more) Where the door ice dispenser drips water from what I think is the ice melting. Everything was replaced TWICE from the auger to the ice maker the door assembly and door circuit board. Water accumulates under the ice bin and freezes But looks like the ice in the bin is barley freezing but there is no RE Frozen water on the bottom of the ice bin so it is unclear of exactly what the problem is. Service company gave up and said to get replaced with "lemon law" but they do not make them this big anymore to fit perfectly in our alcove. So we keep a dishrag in drip tray and rig it out every few days. Any help on this also will be greatly appreciated. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by doitnowmj View Post
    In your experience what "normally" gives out? Board, t-stat or defrost heater?
    All three are pretty common to fail on these refrigerators. Also, there is usually a defrost thermistor/sensor that is also on the evaporator coil that can fail.

For the second issue, I am sending you a Private Message with a service bulletin to look at.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter