Thread: Frigidaire upright freezer

Frigidaire upright freezer

Model Number: FFU14F5HWG
    Brand: Frigidaire

Our Frigidaire upright freezer was working great. We decided to turn it off and clean it out. It was off for two weeks when we restarted it. It seemed to come on ok, but after 8 hours of running it was not getting cold. I check underneath and it was relatively very clean with no leaks or any fluid on the floor. I vacuumed the dust and cobwebs and checked connections. All looked good. I restarted the freezer and let it run for 24 hours. the compressor seems to be running (hums and has a slight vibration. The control panel (on outside of door) seems to function properly. All lights work, unit turns on with three pushes of the up arrow, unit turns off with three pushes of down arrow when set to "1" level of coldness. The Hi Temp light comes on when unit is started and stayed on the whole time during both the 8 hr and 24 hr runs. The inside temperature reads a constant 68 degrees. No change even after 24 hours. Could it possible be the run capacitor or the start capacitor ?? It almost seems like the unit is in defrost mode constantly because the fan runs but it does not get cold. ???? Any suggestions. ?

Inside the freezer behind the back wall there should be a fan that runs to circulate the cold air. Do you hear that fan running?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Yes, There is air circulation at the top inside. comes out of the vent cover at the top.

From what you have described it sounds like the freezer might have sealed system problem. The next thing I would do is unplug the freezer and remove the back wall in the freezer to expose the evaporator coil. Next plug the freezer back in and turn it on so the compressor is running. Within 10-15 minutes of running the evaporator coil should have a light layer of frost across the entire coil. If it doesn't, then you have a sealed system problem. To fix the freezer would probably cost more than it is worth and it would have to be done by a technician. If you aren't sure, then post up a picture of the evaporator coil.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Ok, I can remove the inside cover to expose the coil. Probably later tonight. I'll get back to you later after i see if the coil gets any frost.

Okay thanks.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com