Thread: One Part of Kenmore Control Panel lights work

One Part of Kenmore Control Panel lights work

Model Number: 665. 13743k601
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

My Kenmore Dishwasher control panel is showing some unusual behavior. A part of the control panel is working and the rest is not. The "Options Panel" on the control panel, Heated Dry, etc are lighting up, but other buttons such as Normal Wash, Smart Wash are not. I could not find this kind of behavior on any other forums.

Is it the fuse ? or just a loose connection on the buttons which dont light.

Hi,

We typically find this type of problem to be caused by a failure in the touchpad control panel. Most commonly the buttons/lights that you use the most will stop working first (normal, smart wash, start, ect). Over time repeated pressing of the keys on the touchpad can cause the buttons to fail. If this is the case then that is usually a good indication that the touchpad control panel is bad.

They are listing multiple colors for the touchpad control panel for your model dishwasher. If you would like me to help you locate the correct part, please let me know which color the touchpad control panel is on your dishwasher.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Hi,

We typically find this type of problem to be caused by a failure in the touchpad control panel. Most commonly the buttons/lights that you use the most will stop working first (normal, smart wash, start, ect). Over time repeated pressing of the keys on the touchpad can cause the buttons to fail. If this is the case then that is usually a good indication that the touchpad control panel is bad.

They are listing multiple colors for the touchpad control panel for your model dishwasher. If you would like me to help you locate the correct part, please let me know which color the touchpad control panel is on your dishwasher.

My touchpad control is black in color. My dishwasher body is gray. Please point me to the right part

This is the touchpad control panel for your model dishwasher:

Control Panel (Black) - Part # PD00028576 (mfg # WP8558208)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter