Thread: samsung rf4289ha flex zone display not working

samsung rf4289ha flex zone display not working

Model Number: rf4289ha
    Brand: Samsung

Flex zone display was stuck on deli temp . pushing temp button it did not change. then the next day no lights on any of the temps and no response from the temp button. How do you replace display?

The model number that you provided is not complete. Can you please get me the full model code (BOM name) from the tag on the inside wall of the refrigerator. Click here for common locations to find the model number on your refrigerator.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

rf4289hars

The number that you provided isn't the one I am needing. There will be another tag on the inside wall of the refrigerator that will say "model code" or "BOM name". I will also need the "Rev" number or version number listed on this same tag.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    The number that you provided isn't the one I am needing. There will be another tag on the inside wall of the refrigerator that will say "model code" or "BOM name". I will also need the "Rev" number or version number listed on this same tag.
    rf4289hars/xaa
    Rev 1
    S/N181843cc800717d

Thanks

Thank you! Which display are you trying to replace? On the flex zone door I do not see a display, I only see the buttons on the top of the door.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Parts diagram call it a display. Has one temp button and 4 pics with light for each temp wine deli etc.
    About 1 1/2" wide and 4" long.Looks like it is snapped into the top of the drawer.
    Bottom and side of drawer looks like it is solid metal.
    How do you remove ths?
    Do you need a tool like the one that is now used on cars to snap out the dash parts which are snapped into the metal frame?

The best picture I could find of this part is one that Sears has here. It looks like you would have to peel up the overlay, it is probably stuck on like a sticker and once this is removed you should have access to the control underneath.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Looks like you are right the display cover peels off then the display comes out
    Thanks
    Now I can check this to see if this is the problem or it is in a sensor or more likely the board

Sounds good!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I have A Samsung Refrigerator model RF31FMEDBSR/AA, the compartment of the Flex Zone display is not working, and is not cold at all
    And also the Freezer seems not working or cold enough. ANy help to diagnostic

I also have the same issue, I have a Samsung refrigerator, model no. RF4287HARS, model code RF4287HARS/XXA, Model Code S/N l02043BD602068R, and the middle drawer flex zone display light is not working. I can't change the settings because the backlight on the display is off. Perhaps I touched something on the main display on the outer door and turned the flex zone display of inadvertently.

This common problem is I think caused by the wiring harness failing. The harness runs along the side rail and then curves up into the cabinet. It is designed such that it flexes every time the drawer is opened and since it contains 8 or so tiny solid copper wires it naturally fails. Very poor design and I have also posted asking how to R&R this harness.