Thread: Ice Maker not dispensing

Ice Maker not dispensing

Model Number: RF4287HARS/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

Our Samsung side-by-side stopped dispensing ice two days ago, after working perfectly the night before.
    The ice bucket is full. When we push the ice lever, nothing happens, unless we push it far enough to activate the water lever, in which case the water dispenses.
    The last time we used it we had removed the ice bucket, to manually fill glasses around a table for 20 people.
    I have removed the ice bucket and manually turned the auger, to make sure it turns easily.
    I have manually rotated the dispenser motor, to be sure it wasn't seized up.
    I have removed the ice bucket and re-seated it several times, to be sure it wasn't failing to seat properly for activation of the dispenser.
    When I activate the water dispenser lever, it makes an electronic click, the light comes on and the water comes out.
    When I activate the ice dispenser lever, nothing happens, unless I push it far enough to activate the water dispenser and in that case the light comes on and the water dispenses.

I have searched through the Samsung user manual and found nothing concerning this issue.

Is this similar to the thread where the dispenser lever had a plastic piece break off and only needed the lever to be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by dw bryson View Post
    Is this similar to the thread where the dispenser lever had a plastic piece break off and only needed the lever to be replaced?
    This sure sounds very similar. If the ice lever isn't making a "click" noise like the water dispenser lever does, then I would look that over closely to see if the ice button is engaging the switch. Since the light isn't coming on like it does when you press the water dispenser lever it makes it sound like there is something broken in the dispenser lever assembly. Let us know what you find.

They sell this part two different ways, one includes the control board and display and the other is the dispenser lever assembly by itself. These are the parts for your model refrigerator:

Dispenser Cover Assembly - Part # PD00002186 (mfg # DA97-08518D)

Dispenser Lever Assembly - Part # PD00002145 (mfg # DA97-08519A)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter