Thread: Whirlpool F8E1 code

Whirlpool F8E1 code

Model Number: WFW70HEBW
    Brand: Whirlpool

Washer stopped in mid cycle just before draining with F8E1 code. Read the manual and followed instruction there. Checked inlet hoses and filters, made sure valves were fully open, unplugged and plugged in and tried again. Washer filled with more water than I've ever seen, then went through cycle til draining and it stopped again giving same code. Followed manual instructions again to continue and water drained but still had to instigate drain and spin to get clothes out. Tried this several times. Water continues to fill too high and then stops when it's time to drain with the same code showing. What else could this code refer to and what is the next step? I'm pretty handy with mechanical, electrical and plumbing so I'd like to try and fix it myself if possible. Thanks in advance for you help.

The model number that you provided is missing a number at the end. Please make sure to read the model number from the tag on the washer to get the full model number.

Here is the info from the manufacture on the F8E1 error code.

F8E1 NO WATER DETECTED ENTERING WASHER OR WATER LEVEL SENSOR TRIP NOT DETECTED

The washer does not detect water input after 12 minutes of filling.

Possible Causes

Is water supply connected and turned on?
    Check for blocked or kinked inlet hoses.
    Low water pressure or blocked hose screens.
    Check for proper drain hose installation. Is water siphoning out of the drain hose? Drain hose must not be more than 4.5" (114 mm) into drain pipe. Make sure drain hose is not sealed into drain pipe, and that there is an air gap for ventilation.
    Check connections from tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, and pressure hose to water level sensor. Is pressure hose pinched, kinked, plugged or leaking air?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter