Thread: Samsung Dryer DV45H7000ew/ac will not stop

Samsung Dryer DV45H7000ew/ac will not stop

Model Number: DV45H7000ew/ac
    Brand: Samsung

My Samsung dryer, now ~2 years old will not stop running at the end of the cycle. The only things that will stop the drum from turning are opening the door or unplugging the power cord. The dryer drum will re-start as soon as the door closes even when there is no indication on the display that a cycle is running or controls are powered up. The heat does not come on unless I switch on a cycle and hit the start button and the heat turns off at the end of the cycle as it normally would, but the drum continues to spin.
    I suspect the PCM is malfunctioning as the control panel seems to be error-free and there are no trouble codes displaying. If anyone can confirm this is the issue or offer up an alternative culprit, feedback would be much appreciated.
    Also, given the prominence of Samsung products in this forum, could Samsung dryers be considered notoriously unreliable?

Thanks,
    Craig

Hi Craig,

It sounds like the main control board might be bad and sending power to the motor when it isn't supposed to. To confirm this, you would have to perform a voltage test to see if power is being sent to the motor when it isn't supposed to.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Hi Craig,

It sounds like the main control board might be bad and sending power to the motor when it isn't supposed to. To confirm this, you would have to perform a voltage test to see if power is being sent to the motor when it isn't supposed to.
    Thanks Doc.
    The problem went away on its own, at least temporarily. Is it common for this type of problem to "fix itself"? I plan to purchase a control board if/when the issue comes back, but holding off for now...are there any relays in the motor circuit that could stick?
    Craig

Hi Craig,

Usually if it "fixes itself" the problem will reappear down the road. Yes there is a relay on the main control board that could be sticking. Sometimes people will try tapping on the relay while there is no power to the unit to see if that unsticks the relay. If that works, then you should still replace the control board. If you continue to let the problem go you can end up with more damage to the dryer.

This is the main control board for your model dryer:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00025717 (mfg # DC92-01626B)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Hi Craig,

Usually if it "fixes itself" the problem will reappear down the road. Yes there is a relay on the main control board that could be sticking. Sometimes people will try tapping on the relay while there is no power to the unit to see if that unsticks the relay. If that works, then you should still replace the control board. If you continue to let the problem go you can end up with more damage to the dryer.

This is the main control board for your model dryer:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00025717 (mfg # DC92-01626B)
    Excellent! Thanks you!

Let us know what eventually solves the problem for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I purchased a replacement control board, but have not installed it yet - the original symptoms have not returned, so I would not know if the new board is actually the cure. I will post the outcome if/when the problems return and I install the new board.

Sounds good!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Greetings, after replacing the circuit board, the dryer runs flawlessly once again. Thank you Doc Ryan!!