Thread: Samsung RFG297AARS Icemaker not working.

Samsung RFG297AARS Icemaker not working.

Model Number: RFG297AARS
    Brand: Samsung

So, I had a problem where the icemaker side of the water control valve began to leak. I ordered a replacement part, turned the icemaker off, replaced the part, turned the icemaker back on and did a reset of the icemaker but no ice after several days. If I do a reset, it dumps a few partially frozen cubes and some water.

I think the icemaker compartment is not getting cold enough, although I'm not sure what might have changed since all I did was replace the water inlet valve. Ice water in the door works fine BTW.

Any ideas where I should go from here?

Seriously? Nothing?

So, I've been doing a reset every day, and it does produce somewhat decent ice but I still think it's just not getting cold enough in there.

So the first thing to check is the temperature in the ice maker compartment. If the ice maker compartment is not getting cold enough the ice maker will not produce ice. The most common thing that we have seen is that one of the air passages from the freezer to the ice maker compartment gets clogged up with frost or ice and blocks the cold air from the freezer getting to the ice maker compartment. There is no way to access these air passages, so you will need to unplug the refrigerator and leave the doors open for 24-48 hours to let any frost or ice melt. Also, sometimes if the freezer isn't going through the automatic defrost cycle properly it can cause it to also block the air flow or if the fan motor in the freezer that sends the cold air to the ice maker compartment stop working that could also be the culprit.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you for your response. If I take the icemaker components out, is it possible to direct warm air from a hair dryer down the duct? Is the fan motor in the freezer accessible for testing?

The back portion of the freezer has to be disassembled to access the fan motor. I have heard of some people blowing air down the duct with a blow dryer, but I would be very careful doing that because if you melt or warp the liner in any way while doing that you will be buying a new refrigerator.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter