Thread: infamous F1-07 code repair

infamous F1-07 code repair

Model Number: jennair9860aab
    Brand: Jenn-Air

So replaced the key pad and had a circuit board as well but the stove had two more wires than the new board did so didn't replace it. Fault codes are gone as well as the alarms but oven doesn't maintain temp. Both elements work fine. Have not ohmed the temp sensor but am wondering about the circuit board. S/N 17879813AJ
    Board part number 74007226
    Thank you for your assistance. Michael

Hi Michael,

Your model number is missing three letters at the beginning. Can you double check it for me please?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Hi Michael,

Your model number is missing three letters at the beginning. Can you double check it for me please?
    My bad
    JES9860AAB Sorry

So I am not sure if I am 100% understanding the situation. So you originally got the F1-07 error code, then you replaced the touchpad and the error code is now gone but now you are having a separate problem of the oven not maintaining temperature correctly? And you were going to replace the circuit board originally but you didn't because the electrical connections weren't the same?

This is the clock control board for your model and serial number:

Clock Control Board - Part # PD00005783 (mfg # WP74007226)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

So I am not sure if I am 100% understanding the situation. So you originally got the F1-07 error code, then you replaced the touchpad and the error code is now gone but now you are having a separate problem of the oven not maintaining temperature correctly? And you were going to replace the circuit board originally but you didn't because the electrical connections weren't the same?

This is the clock control board for your model and serial number:

Clock Control Board - Part # PD00005783 (mfg # WP74007226)
    Good morning Ryan yes your understanding is correct. I seem to have the right control board and there is no place on this board for the rear burner shunt. It is the left rear and this stove does have a grill instead of a burner. If it seems to you that the current problem with temp could be board related then I will secure the extra two wires and install the new board. Am remembering the wiring terminology and may have it wrong but shunt is the term that I remember.
    Thanks for helping. Michael

Hi Michael,

Does your control board match the one pictured above?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Hi Michael,

Does your control board match the one pictured above?
    Sorry to be so late to respond. I missed your last question. Yes the board I have is the right one by looks and numbers. Just is short two connections. Makes me think the two are intended to be left unused. Will try to have another look at the wiring and get back with more info on what wires are missing. In the meantime does it make sense that the board would be my problem? Things worked fine before the keyboard failure. Yes the breakers were cycled on and off many times to quiet the alarm. Thank you for responding. Michael

Yes a bad control board can cause the oven temperature to not be correct. I would also check the oven temperature sensor.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

So I'm having the same fault code F1-07. Should I get the keypad or the clock board? My model is JES9860AAW

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi View Post
    So I'm having the same fault code F1-07. Should I get the keypad or the clock board? My model is JES9860AAW
    If you aren't sure which part is bad we recommend to start by replacing the keypad as we see a much higher failure rate of the keypad than the clock board.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

And which one is the right one because I see 3 of the same keypads with all different part numbers on the website

This is the touchpad control panel for your model stove:

Touchpad Control Panel (White) - Part # PD00005374 (mfg # WP74005748)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com