Thread: [FIXED] Frigidaire dishwasher vent fan constantly runs - UO Error

[FIXED] Frigidaire dishwasher vent fan constantly runs - UO Error

Model Number: FGID2466QF1A
    Brand: Frigidaire

First - I would just like to say that the previous posts I found on the UO error in this forum were great and I am impressed at how many times you guys have answered similar questions. I haven't been able to find a post with my exact symptoms so here we go.

My frigidaire fgid2466qf1A dishwasher is throwing the UO (vent fan open) error.

I removed the unit and inspected and the vent fan is coming on whenever it is connected. When the fan is on the flap comes open which seems to be the way it should work. When I disconnect the vent fan assembly from the wiring harness the fan goes off, and the flap closes as it should. I also tried removing power to the dishwasher and as soon as I enabled power again to the unit, the fan came on again.

I understand the standard methodology for UO to be that "the vent fan assembly should be replaced, and possibly the control board". I believe the vent fan assembly is MFG # 154861101 and the control board is MFG # 5304504782. Both parts are over $80 each. Other complaints I have seen for UO seem to indicate that the fan is getting clogged up or the arm is sticking. My unit doesn't have those issues. Which would you replace first in this situation vent fan or control board?

Thanks

I would still start by replacing the vent & fan assembly because even if the fan is opening and closing properly it can be a problem with the vent & fan assembly not correctly sensing the position of the flap.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

To be clear, it does seem to be correctly sensing that the flap is open - the flap is open whenever there is power to the dishwasher because the fan is running whenever there is power to the dishwasher - door open closed doesn't matter. Is it normal for their to be power to the vent fan assembly at all times? Thanks for the quick response.

When you start a cycle do you see the vent attempt to close?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

no, fan runs and vent is open as long as their is power to the dishwasher. When I disconnect the power or disconnect the assembly the fan stops (of course), and the flap closes up tight.

It is pretty hard to say which part is bad based up how yours is acting. Your guess is as good as mine. I attached a PDF below that explains how the system works.

drying system.pdf
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Doc - thanks for all the info and help. I replaced the control board, and that resolved the issue.

Great to hear the control board fixed the issue! I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Hi--my dishwasher is 2 years old and last night started with the uo code. It's model number is fgid2466qf2a.
    What do you suggest for this issue?

Thanks.