Thread: Whirlpool Dishwasher not getting enough water

Whirlpool Dishwasher not getting enough water

Model Number: WDF510PAYSA
    Brand: Whirlpool

My dishwasher is not getting enough water to properly wash the dishes. Soap is left in the dispenser after running it. I have opened the door and there is a very small amount of water in the washer after it has gone through the fill process. Dishes do not get clean and soap residue is left on some things. I have a loop in the drain line. I have unhooked the water supply line and I do have good flow and pressure. If I open the dishwasher and add water each time the drain removes water, it washes OK. I have changed the water valve and the float switch. Doing this did not change the amount of water. I am considering replacing the circuit board that controls the dishwasher, however, I am not sure this will solve the problem. Please let me know if you think this will solve the problem, or is there something else I should be doing.

From what you described I believe the only other thing left would be the main control board. Have you located the service sheet and tried running the dishwasher through a diagnostic cycle? It looks like it lists the specific amount of time the dishwasher should be filling during that diagnostic cycle which should make it a little easier to monitor to see if the control board is doing what it is supposed to.

This is the main control board for your model dishwasher:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00025409 (mfg # W10804121)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    From what you described I believe the only other thing left would be the main control board. Have you located the service sheet and tried running the dishwasher through a diagnostic cycle? It looks like it lists the specific amount of time the dishwasher should be filling during that diagnostic cycle which should make it a little easier to monitor to see if the control board is doing what it is supposed to.

This is the main control board for your model dishwasher:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00025409 (mfg # W10804121)
    Thanks for the reply. I tried the diagnostic test and did not get any error messages. After doing the test I ran a load and it seemed to be getting more water than it was. I will continue to watch closely and if it goes back to not getting enough water, I will replace the control board. Again, thanks for the help.