Thread: Whirlpool Dishwasher not getting enough water

Whirlpool Dishwasher not getting enough water

Model Number: WDF510PAYSA
    Brand: Whirlpool

My dishwasher is not getting enough water to properly wash the dishes. Soap is left in the dispenser after running it. I have opened the door and there is a very small amount of water in the washer after it has gone through the fill process. Dishes do not get clean and soap residue is left on some things. I have a loop in the drain line. I have unhooked the water supply line and I do have good flow and pressure. If I open the dishwasher and add water each time the drain removes water, it washes OK. I have changed the water valve and the float switch. Doing this did not change the amount of water. I am considering replacing the circuit board that controls the dishwasher, however, I am not sure this will solve the problem. Please let me know if you think this will solve the problem, or is there something else I should be doing.

From what you described I believe the only other thing left would be the main control board. Have you located the service sheet and tried running the dishwasher through a diagnostic cycle? It looks like it lists the specific amount of time the dishwasher should be filling during that diagnostic cycle which should make it a little easier to monitor to see if the control board is doing what it is supposed to.

This is the main control board for your model dishwasher:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00025409 (mfg # W10804121)
    Ryan
    www.PartsDr.com - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Circle Parts Dr On Google+

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    From what you described I believe the only other thing left would be the main control board. Have you located the service sheet and tried running the dishwasher through a diagnostic cycle? It looks like it lists the specific amount of time the dishwasher should be filling during that diagnostic cycle which should make it a little easier to monitor to see if the control board is doing what it is supposed to.

This is the main control board for your model dishwasher:

Main Control Board - Part # PD00025409 (mfg # W10804121)
    Thanks for the reply. I tried the diagnostic test and did not get any error messages. After doing the test I ran a load and it seemed to be getting more water than it was. I will continue to watch closely and if it goes back to not getting enough water, I will replace the control board. Again, thanks for the help.