Thread: Samsung Front Load Washer leaking under front

Samsung Front Load Washer leaking under front

Model Number: WF42H5000AW/A2
    Brand: Samsung

My washer is 2 1/2 years old and has started leaking under the front seal onto the floor. It slowly leaks near door not on door side of seal but on backside of seal. This occurs usually during rinse cycling. I get about 1/4 cup to 1/2 of water on floor then after wash is complete.

I've taken the door boot seal off and noticed that it looks slightly loose. I put back on and still notice the leak after. The seal is clean, door is clean, no cuts in rubber seal.

I'm questing why the door boot seal appears to stretched out. I figured it must be something causing the spinning to get out of round such as bad bearings or bad spider arm. I've taken it apart and see signs of very slight corrosion on the spider arm. I've been wanting to take the spider arm out and coat in an epoxy paint to prevent corrosion in the future anyways.

If it isn't the spider arm, then maybe the bearings are going out? I noticed a loose object when spinning the drum but now that apart don't see any loose objects inside and can't tell if bearings are bad or not. They seem smooth to me on the inner bearings. I didn't test the outer ones. Is there an easy way to test now that I have apart?

There isn't really any test for the bearings beside to spin them and see if they spin smoothly and quietly.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter