Model Number: GFE26GGHCBB
Brand: GE

For a few months now our GE refrigerator (french door, freezer on the bottom) has been making a "whir, whir, whir, whir" sound. It is not continuous, and it does not appear to be associated with the compressor, but will occur a couple of times an hour for 5-10 minutes until whatever is wrong either shuts off or finds the position (I think it's a damper) it needs to be in. The unit appears to have no problem cooling or freezing, and otherwise appears to be operating normally. The refrigerator was new with the house and is right at 2 years old. The sound is louder with the doors open. My initial guess is that there is a damper seeking a position that it never or eventually finds (after 5 to 10 or so minutes), but as I'm unsure of the part or whether it's a controller board issue, I'm posting here.

To the best of my knowledge, ours is the only one in the neighborhood (the builder used the same product line for everyone) making this noise.

As soon as I can figure out how to upload the video of the sound, I will.

Any and all inputs are appreciated, as this has perplexed/frustrated me for months now.