Thread: Frigidaire Classic Series Range - Display and Oven Not Working

Frigidaire Classic Series Range - Display and Oven Not Working

Model Number: 316233860
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hello, I have a Frigidaire range that the digital display and oven have quit working. I had just set the oven to preheat and was in the other room when I heard a pop. I went back to the kitchen to see what it was and noticed that the display was no longer lit up. I checked the circuit breaker and it had popped. I reset the circuit breaker and the power came back on but the display would not come on. The stove op works just fine and the lights light up to show the stove top elements are on and that the surface is hot. The light inside the oven works. I don't know if the oven is working properly or not because with the digital display and buttons on it not working I cannot turn the oven on. I would really appreciate any information you could give me as to what may be wrong and the parts I will need to fix the problem.

Thanks,
    Matt

After reading another post that seemed like they were having the same problem as I am, I checked both heating elements inside the oven and they are both just fine. I also checked the wiring in the back of the range and everything is tight and where it is supposed to be. I am guessing that is the control panel. Just wondering why it would have made the "pop" noise if that is what the problem is?