Thread: whirlpool not harvesting ice, not filling with water

whirlpool not harvesting ice, not filling with water

Model Number: gss30c6eyf03
    Brand: Whirlpool

ice maker stopped, soon after, water stopped dispensing. replaced filter. replaced water inlet solenoid valve, defrosted fridge overnight. blew out a blockage in ice water line. water dispenser works ok now, manual fill ice maker, does not harvest ice, does not fill. optics tests show no LED at all, but service test shows ice bucket detected and not filled. service test #25 dispenser fill and dump test does not do anything, shows water valve off and fill, and ice maker valve off (00 ) ,

is that cause of failure ? no power to the unit ?
    what tests can i do to verify what part is bad.

so now i take off the cover of ice maker and i see the red LED function, stays on with door switch closed and bin installed, but the cover is replaced LED no longer functions. i also tried the manual jumper of T to H and saw no movement of wheel, no sounds, so it seems the unit is dead or not getting power. is there a test lead there to heck for power ?

i also did jumper V to L for water filler test and there was no action, dead , it seems there is no power to the unit , not sure if i need t replace ice maker motor unit since the water filler wont even run

now the T to H test and V to L work fine since there is power there, wish there was a power LED in the ice maker area to prove power is there, geez. we will see how long my wire butt connectors will last in the door hinge area !! cheap bad design. i might need to add wiring to put some slack in there.

ITS JUST A MATTER of time that my connectors come loose and i lose power again ! i need a better solution, i should have used jumper wires for all the connectors to allow much more room for wiring to move around... cant get any more wire out of the freezer door, short wire left

the power wiring going into the freezer door was all cut up from the hinge action, 4 out of 6 wires cut ! that disabled the ice maker..