Thread: Samsung Dryer Not Heating

Samsung Dryer Not Heating

Model Number: DV42H5000EW/A3
    Brand: Brand

Okay, around new years my dryer stopped heating. Called Samsung and found out its out of warranty. Did a resistance check on all the fuses, mistakenly thought the thermistor was supposed to give a resistance, replaced it. Finally hit the point where I got frustrated had a guy out Service guy #1 says its the PCB, ordered one, still no go. Called the guy back and says its the motor (for the heating element??) So hoping Samsung covers the motor I call them back and have their rep come out... Second guy goes out, does a diagnosis test which fails, but the heater kicks on and smells like burning dirt even though its relatively clean. Finds an old error code for the thermistor, tells me its the thermometer next to the thermistor so I replace it last night. Still not heating, spent $300 so far for a unit that I bought in 2015...

Checked the coil its not broken and has resistance, checked all fuses, they have resistance. Diagnostic mode confirmed an issue but the only error code that comes up is from when the first repair man didn't reconnect the thermistor. PCB was pushing 240V to each leg correctly.

I am really confused...

Has anyone had good luck with their Samsung Dryer?
    Last edited by jaxter; 02-02-2017 at 02:27 PM.