Thread: Kenmore Washer code 888

Kenmore Washer code 888

Model Number: 110.44832
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

I have a Kenmore Front load washer model number 110.44832 . IT has a code 888 on it and a buzzing sound. door locked up. had to manualy get the door open. i did put a pod in where the detergent goes. but seems fine. Left it unpluggegd what does this mean and how do i get rid of it. am i better off geting a new washer how do i know which card is bad

888 isn't an error code. It sounds to me like you're having a control board or user interface panel problem that is causing those numbers to show up and the washer to act funny. It is hard to tell you where to start with this. If I were looking at it, I would probably start with unplugging the washer, and then locating the main control board. I would then remove one of the plugs going to the control board at a time, and then plugging the washer back in to see if it acted differently. This might narrow down if there is a component on the washer that it bad causing the control board to freak out. At the same time that you are doing this, make sure all of the connections to the control board are seated properly and look for any broken wires. If that all checks out, then you will have to make an educated guess and start replacing the control board(s) and/or user interface. The model number that you listed is not complete. I will need the full model number from the tag on the washer if you need me to look up parts for your washing machine.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

The numbers r 110 44832 200

Is the main control at the bottom.
    I did put a tide pod into where the detergent goes before I had issues.

The main control board is up top. The control board on the bottom is the MCU (motor control unit). We don't recommend using the pods in front loading washers, then often don't dissolve all of the way and leave part of the pod as residue in the dispenser.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter